The Wholesale Markets Brokers’ Association Americas (WMBAA) is an industry advocacy group made up of five inter-dealer brokerage firms (IDBs): BGC Partners, GFI Group, ICAP, Tradition and Tullett Prebon. Since 2010, the WMBAA has hosted an annual conference on issues surrounding swap execution facilities (SEFs), a new type of financial transaction execution entity created by the Dodd-Frank Act. On November 13, 2012, John Lothian News Editor-at-Large Doug Ashburn attended the third such conference, 2012 SEFCON III. This video features highlights from five interviews conducted with key members of the WMBAA.
2012 SEFCON III Full Interviews
- European Swaps Perspective from Alex McDonald of the WMBA (watch »)
- An Intro to IDBs and SEF Regulation from ICAP’s Chris Ferreri (watch »)
- OTC Brokers vs. Exchanges and the Futurization of Swaps from Julian Harding of Tradition (watch »)
- Evolution of OTC Products and Regulations Across Jurisdictions from Shawn Bernardo of Tullett Prebon (watch »)
- Chris Giancarlo of GFI Group Discusses the Need for Regulatory Balance (watch »)