Event brings together industry leaders, who share stories and ideas with “the next generation of market participants.”
John Lothian News is bringing its MarketsWiki Education World of Opportunity series to London for the third straight year on Monday, October 31, 2016. The registration is up and ready on the MarketsWiki Education page of the John Lothian News website.
Interns, new employees and anyone interested in learning more about opportunities, trends and careers in the capital and derivatives markets should attend. Please pass this information on to anyone who you think would be interested in attending.
The goal of the series is very simple. We bring together industry leaders, professionals and academics to share information, stories and ideas about our financial markets with the next generation – students and young professionals. With short, personal and insightful presentations, we educate, inspire and aim to attract these students to the financial markets.
In London, we are holding three sessions on October 31 at the Booth School of Business of the University of Chicago at the Woolgate Exchange, 25 Basinghall St., London EC2V 5HA.
The day’s events feature some of the top professionals in the financial services space. Our 90-minute sessions will start at 10 am, 1 pm and 3 pm. The final session will be followed by a social event at a local establishment.
There is no cost to attend the series, but seating is limited and is available on a first to register basis.
Other European events in Stockholm and Frankfurt are still being planned and we hope to announce details soon.
Our list of speakers in London includes:
- Mark Hemsley, CEO of BATS Europe
- Scott O’Malia, CEO of ISDA
- Jeremy Grant, journalist at Financial Times
- Steve Grob, director of group strategy of Fidessa
- Dr. Jock Percy, CEO of Perseus
- Paul Christensen, CEO of Green Key Technologies
- Anthony Pereira, founder and CEO of Percentile
- Matthew McFarland, head of the London office of the Chicago Board Options Exchange
- Robert Russell, head of business development at Divento
- Andrew Gibbins, product and marketing strategist at Trading Technologies for Europe and APAC
- Steve Woodyatt, founder, chairman and CEO of Object Trading
- Steve Hamilton, COO at Curve Global
- David Norman, senior lecturer Essex University
- Patrick Thornton-Smith, chief marketing officer at Duco
We encourage any student or young professional who is interested in taking a look at the breadth and scope of these markets to come out and hear what our speakers have to say about trends, new ideas and personal stories, meet them and ask questions.
CME Group is the Global Premier Sponsor of the series and CBOE, London Metal Exchange and the University of Chicago Booth School of Business are event sponsors of the London event. Without their support, we could not make this program happen.