From Jennifer Ropiak of NYSE Liffe US:
This year, I will join 5,000 participants for Bike MS New York City. I will ride 30 miles to raise money for the National MS Society on October 21, 2012. This year’s goal is to raise 3 million dollars. I registered for Bike MS New York City because I want to do something for the people who have been diagnosed – and because I want to do everything to prevent more people from learning what it means to live with this disease. Today, there is no cure for multiple sclerosis, and with a diagnosis occurring most frequently between the ages of 20 and 50, many individuals face a lifetime filled with unpredictability. To make a donation, please visit my personal page for Bike MS.
Here are a few examples of what your donations can do:
- $50 will provide a home care visit for someone living with MS.
- $80 will pay for an occupational therapist to evaluate the safety of the home of someone living with MS.
- $100 will cover the cost of a walker for someone living with MS that has difficulty walking.
- $150 will pay for someone living with MS to get to and from their doctor’s appointment when they have no other form of transportation.
- $250 provides three sessions of rehabilitation therapy.
- $1,500 can cover the cost of a scooter for someone living with MS.
Bike MS raises funds for critical research, as well as comprehensive programs and services for people with MS. When you donate, you become a part of the powerful movement that is doing something about MS Now. Once again, to make a donation, please visit my personal page for Bike MS.