– Stock market volatility continues to chug higher; Energy prices are hot;
– John’s Take walks us through the CFTC’s filing against 14 crypto options businesses;
– A timely look at the VVIX, the volatility of volatility with Russell Rhoads in the Term of the Week.
– Options markets see spike in volatility, but ride out China Evergrande Group’s troubles, Federal Reserve taper expectations;
– John’s Take gives a sneak peek at the FIA IDX 2021 conference and talks about Bryan Harkins and Wall Street Rides FAR;
– What does the VIX Index measure? A tutorial by Russell Rhoads, head of research at EQDerivatives, in the Term of the Week.
The Small Exchange said Thursday it has plans to notice file with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission to list a stock index futures contract based on an index of 17 cryptocurrency-related publicly traded companies.
After a long career in exchange-traded derivatives, Jack Bouroudjian, chairman of the Global Smart Commodity Group, is doing an about-face, turning to blockchain technology and tokenized settlement to facilitate trading.
On Saturday, June 5, President Nayib Bukele of El Salvador announced that he would ask his country’s legislature to declare bitcoin “legal tender” in the country. This statement was part of a pre-recorded presentation to Miami, Florida’s Bitcoin 2021 conference.
In this episode of the CryptoMarketsWiki podcast, Matt and Thom discuss Coinbase’s recent debut as a publicly-traded company, as well as some updates about a company that wants to revitalize the U.S.’s struggling bitcoin mining industry.
Day One of the Eurex Derivatives Forum, held this week on Tuesday and Wednesday, offered a discussion of German developments in blockchain innovation. Germany has implemented not only detailed legislation on custody of cryptocurrencies and digital assets but has also recently adopted a law allowing electronic issuance of securities, including on blockchain.
The second day of FIA Boca-V was reserved mainly for discussions focused on one of the most disruptive pieces of financial technology shaking up the markets today. I’m not talking about smartphone apps that let you make options bets based on nihilistic posts you read on Reddit – I’m talking about cryptocurrency.
JLN PRESS ROOM PICK OF THE WEEK GEORGE GERO REMEMBRANCES JLN asked friends and colleagues of George Gero to offer any remembrances they had of him to honor him at the time of his passing. JLN Interviewed Gero for our JLN Profiles video series. Here is our interview....
First Read $53,806/$300,000 (17.9%) ++++ Morningstar Scaling Up Against Industry Dominators Chicago Index Firm Sees Growth in ESG and Delivering Value to Clients John Lothian - John Lothian News The index business is dominated by three big...
Lead Stories Bitcoin Futures Frenzy Erupts as Day Traders Pile Into ETF Bets Justina Lee - Bloomberg Premiums for bullish derivatives are rising across exchanges; SEC seen poised to allow a futures-based fund in coming days Bitcoin-to-the-moon traders are back with a...