John J. Lothian & Co. is hosting its second annual Chicago Summer Intern Education Series. Last year, we had a great turnout for summer interns and a great speaker lineup.
This year’s series will be held at the Stuart School of Business at the Illinois Institute of Technology, featuring speakers from the industry who will present short 10 to 15 minute talks that will span the entire scope of our markets, from exchanges to trading firms, indexes, regulation and technology.
Students will get personal stories as well as valuable information about trends in the markets and what it takes to succeed in this industry.
Dates: July 29th, July 31st, August 5th, 7th & 8th; On August 8th, we will have a social event at a nearby location.
Time: Each session starts at 3:30 p.m. (please arrive by 3:15 p.m. so we can start on time) and runs for 90 minutes.
Speakers: Each session will feature 5 speakers with a short Q&A with each speaker.
Speakers for the Chicago Summer Intern Education Series include:
- Ed Tilly, CEO, CBOE
- Tony McCormick, CEO, BOX
- Jim McNulty, Board Member, Intercontinental Exchange (ICE)
- Steve Brodsky, CEO, Spot Trading
- Terry Duffy, President and Executive Chairman, CME Group
- Julie Holzrichter, Senior Managing Director, CME Group
- Donnie Roberts, Managing Director/CCO, TD Ameritrade
- Steve Crutchfield, CEO, NYSE AMEX
- Jamie Farmer, Managing Director, S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Don Wilson, Founder and CEO, DRW
- Ethan Kahn, Principal, Wolverine
- Chris Hehmeyer, Managing Member, HTG Capital Partners, Non-executive Vice Chairman, KCG Futures
- Mead Welles, Founder, A Leg To Stand On charity, Hedge Fund Manager
- Matthew Scharpf, Vice President, Business Development, Eurex
- Tim McDermott, CEO, NADEX
- Chris Edmonds, Senior Vice President, Financial Markets, ICE
- Michael Gorham, Industry Professor of Finance and Director of the Center for Financial Innovation, IIT Stuart School of Business
- Benjamin Van Vliet, Assistant Professor of Finance, IIT Stuart School of Business
- Tom Cashman, 50-year member of the Chicago Board of Trade
- Matthew Rees, Chief Relationship officer at R.J. O’Brien & Associates
- Pat Kenny, Vice President of Client Relations for CQG
- Stefani Sandow, Digital Product Management and UX Professional with Trading Technologies
- Matthew Scharpf, Vice President of Business Development at Eurex in Fixed Income and Agricultural Futures
The complete series will be $100 per participant, a drop of $20 from last year. The cost of a single event will be $30. The cost of multiple events will be $25 per event per participant. Lastly, any firm sending 10 or more interns to the whole series gets a 50% discount, or $50 per intern for the whole series.
For payment, we will be sending out electronic invoices.
Please contact John Lothian at email@example.com with any questions about the Summer Intern Education Series. We are seeking sponsors for our Chicago event.