Sean Tully is the managing director of interest rate futures products for CME Group, the world’s largest derivatives exchange. He recently led the development and implementation of CME’s Deliverable Interest Rate Swap Futures, a new type of derivatives product that aims to offer interest rate swap exposure, combined with the liquidity, transparency and margin efficiency of a futures contract.
Tully is a 20-year veteran of the financial sector who, prior to joining CME Group in August 2011, led the fixed income trading group at German banking firm WestLB and, prior to that, spent over ten years as a derivatives trader with Citibank and Greenwich Capital. Tully spoke with John Lothian News Editor-at-Large Doug Ashburn about the new interest rate swap futures contracts, which launched on December 3, 2012.
Deliverable Interest Rate Swap Futures Resources
- Interest rate swaps on MarketsWiki (link)
- Interest rate futures on MarketsWiki (link)
- CFTC Proposed Determination: Clearing Requirement for Credit Default Swaps and Interest Rate Swaps on MarketsReformWiki (link)
- CME Group to Launch Deliverable Interest Rate Swap Futures – Press Release (link)
- Deliverable Interest Rate Swap Futures on CMEGroup.com (link)
- CME Group on MarketsWiki (link)