From Futures for Kids:
Bored of the commute? Want a more scenic route into work?
Join London’s futures and options and foreign exchange communities on four routes from the Home Counties to the City of London in aid of four fantastic children’s charities.
Our inaugural single route event raised £48k – help us reach our target of £200k in 2012.
A group of commuters and Futures for Kids supporters will Walk to Work to raise funds for the FFK charities on Friday, 18th May 2012.
There are four starting points in Billericay, Tring, Tunbridge Wells and Guildford. The routes have a c.20 mile and c.10 mile start – we want as many to walk as possible! Approximate 6am start with refreshments, checkpoints and first aid every c.5miles. Arrive in the City early evening and celebrate in style!
As well as raising funds through conventional sponsorship there will be a competition and prizes for the walker who can raise the most money on the day from his/her mobile phone while on the walk.
Futures for Kids is a focal point for people in the Futures and Options industry who want to make a long-term improvement in the lives of vulnerable children around the world.
Individuals already involved in the organisation of our 2012 effort include executives from ACI UK, Contango Markets, Dewey Leboeuf, Eurex, Fidessa, Flextrade, FOA, Futurestechs, LME, MF Global, NYSE Liffe, Options Industry Council, SEB Futures, Profit and Loss magazine, RBC, Singapore Exchange, Sungard and Traiana.
Official event page:
- General: http://www.justgiving.com/walktowork-2012
- Emma Davey – Futures and Options Association: http://www.justgiving.com/Emma-Davey1
- Bill Templer – Futures and Options Association: http://www.justgiving.com/Bill-Templer-FFK
- Deborah Fisher – Trading Technologies: http://www.justgiving.com/Deborah-Fisher0
- David Setters – Contango Markets: http://www.justgiving.com/FFKW2W2012