For the second year in a row, JLN is holding a series of market-focused educational events aimed at interns and young people interested in careers in the financial markets.
This three-part series will be held at King’s College, Strand Campus in the heart of London, with two sessions, 10:30 to noon, and 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on July 1st and one session from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on July 2nd. There will also be a social event following the July 2nd afternoon event at King’s College for speakers and students.
The events will feature notable industry participants and leaders, who will share their personal stories in a short, concise but informative 10 to 15 minute presentations.
This year’s speaker list includes:
- Veronica Augustsson, CEO of Cinnober
- Steve Grob, director of group strategy of Fidessa
- Mark Hemsley, CEO of Bats Chi-X Europe
- Clive Furness, managing director of Contango Markets
- Hirander Misra, CEO and co-founder of Global Markets Exchange Group
- Gareth Parker, senior director, index research, design and development at Russell Indexes
- Jock Percy, CEO of Perseus Telecom
- John Parry, journalist and consultant
- Adrienne Seaman, director and associate general counsel with CME Group
- Steve Stewart, managing director at Trading Technologies Europe
- Bill Templer, Futures For Kids, London Stock Exchange Group
- And others to be announced.
The cost for attendees is £20 per event, or £50 for the whole three-part series. Attendees can pay online below, it is open to anyone, and many employers are willing to cover the cost.
Last summer, JLN held the first events in the series in Chicago with speakers that included: Leo Melamed, Terry Duffy, Bill Brodsky, Richard Sandor, Dave Johnson, George Hanley, among others. You can see the videos at http://education.marketswiki.com/.
And shortly, we will be announcing the dates for our 2014 Chicago intern event as well.
We encourage any student or young professional who is interested in taking a look at the breadth and scope of these markets, to come out and hear what our speakers have to say, meet them and ask questions.
**A special thank you to CME Group for sponsoring this event.
The 2014 participants in the series are encouraged to become contributors to MarketsWiki and participate in our MarketsWiki Scholars program. By contributing content and editing to MarketsWiki, MarketsWiki Scholars are eligible to receive industry branded promotional items.
We are also pleased to announce a $1000 John Damgard MarketsWiki Scholars Prize to the MarketsWiki Scholar who writes the best essay on the best innovation for our markets. (More details on this will be provided at the event.)
Sign up for the Complete Series here: Click Here
Sign up for the July 1 First Session here: Click Here
Sign up for the July 1 Second Session here: Click Here
Sign up for the July 2 Session here: Click Here
Email John Lothian to sign up for the social event by clicking here: Email John Lothian