John Savercool, senior lobbyist and managing director of UBS Americas knows his politics. A 23-year veteran of Capitol Hill, Savercool recently spoke at the CTA EXPO in Chicago about the presidential election and prospects for Mitt Romney and President Obama next month. Savercool sat down with JLN editor-in-chief Jim Kharouf and spoke about the impact the presidential election will have on financial markets and Dodd-Frank, his expectations for coming Dodd-Frank rules, and what legislation is on his radar for next year.
First Presidential Debate
Both candidates addressed Dodd-Frank and financial reform at length during the October 3 debate. More on Dodd-Frank and the presidential election:
- Romney’s Devil in Dodd-Frank’s Details – Forbes
- Simpson-Bowles and Dodd-Frank, explained – Washington Post – The Fix
- Romney Wrongly Connects Dodd-Frank Rule to Small Bank Failures – SF Gate
- Dodd-Frank Makes a Debate Cameo – NY Times DealBook
- Romney’s Nuanced Debate Attack on Dodd-Frank – WSJ Washington Wire